Nature Niños focuses on creating a community who learn and experience the many aspects of nature conservation, outdoor recreation, and exploration.
Current positions available:
NMWF Farmington Community Organizer
The New Mexico Wildlife Federation is seeking a highly motivated and experienced organizer to engage and mobilize community members to advocate for pollinators, their habitats and benefits to food systems, wildlife and traditions like hunting and fishing. The organizer will also help educate local leaders on the importance of creating and improving pollinator habitats. The ideal candidate will be passionate about social justice, have a proven track record of successful community organizing, and be able to workcollaboratively with diverse groups of people.
The organizer will be responsible for building relationships with community members, hosting community events and workshops, engaging with decision-makers to drive municipal changes.
- Develop and implement effective community organizing strategies to advance campaign goals.
- Build relationships and trust with community members, leaders, and organizations to mobilize support and awareness for pollinator-friendly practices and policies.
- Organize and facilitate community meetings, events, and trainings.
- Recruit and manage volunteers.
- Collaborate with other staff members and community partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of community organizing activities and outcomes.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community organizing, advocacy, or related field.
- Strong understanding of the Farmington community and NW NM.
- Strong understanding of community and campaign organizing principles and strategies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Passion for social justice and commitment to equity and inclusion.
This position will start as a one-year contract ranging from $40,000 to $50,000 (depending on experience).